Death Notice Guidelines
Paid death notices can be arranged through Lake Country Publications.
Send your notice exactly as you would like it worded to email@example.com. Your notice will be confirmed, the price verified and arrangements made for payment. Payment must be taken care of in advance of publication.
The cost for a death notice is as follows:
- Up to 400 words: $70 for 1-2 papers, $80 for 3-4
- 401-600 words: $100 for 1-2 papers, $110 for 3-4
- 601-1,000 words: $130 for 1-2 papers, $140 for 3-4
- More than 1,000 words: add $1 per word to the rates for 601-1000 words
- No additional charge for photo or flag emblem
You are welcome to include a headshot at no additional charge. Please send the photo as an attachment to your email, not embedded in the body of the email itself.
Abbreviated funeral service announcements will be published at no charge. Death notices and funeral services will be published on Lake Country Publications’ web pages, available at LakeCountryNow.com.
Deadlines: 9 a.m. Monday and Wednesday for the Oconomowoc Focus and Lake Country Reporter and 9 a.m. Tuesday for the Waukesha Now and Mukwonago Chief.
Be sure to include a phone number so we can easily get in touch with you if we have questions.
If you have questions or need additional information, call Managing Editor Debi Eimer at (262) 361-9135.